Easy Quick Potato Soup


Easy Quick Potato Soup

4-6 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
water
salt and pepper
half stick of butter
1 can evaporated milk

Place potatoes in a soup pot, salt and pepper to taste, and add water until potatoes are just covered. Boil until tender. Reduce heat to medium and add butter and milk. Cook until it starts to bubble, but don't let it boil.

If the soup is too thin, slowly add 1 TBS cornstach dissolved in 1/2 cup water, stirring constantly. Garnish with shredded cheddar, sliced green onions, and/or crumbled bacon.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe, and it turned out great! I can't believe how easy it was. I didn't have any butter, so I just left it out, and I stirred in a bunch of dried parsley for color and sprinkled some cheese on top.

    It was so good, cheap, and easy. Next time, I'm going to add some sour cream to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TATER Person!!! LOL I'm just loving your blog! You have a million recipes for potatos, amazing. I'm so glad I FINALLY came here. I love it, but you don't have a follow button. If you did, I'd be a follower for sure. Too Cool! I'll be back, and very soon. Take care, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete