Southern Style Fried Taters

Southern Fried Potatoes

1 potato per person
1 onion, diced
oil
salt and pepper

Wash and dice your potatoes - peel if desired. Cube them into small chunks. Boil or steam until almost tender. Meanwhile, cut up your onion and saute it in a heavy bottom skillet. Add potatoes and fry over medium heat until browned. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve this with scrambled eggs for breakfast or add sliced Italian sausage for a filling, yet inexpensive dinner. Also makes a wonderfully tasty side dish!

3 comments:

  1. this is a great blog! now i have a cook'book' whenever i do potatoes. thnx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds crazy, but I could eat this entire pan.

    I love these type of potatoes! They are my all time fav!!!

    Thanks for sharing and congrats on the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nana makes these taters. I could eat a whole pan of them too!

    ReplyDelete